Introducing…. my favourite muffins They are yummy, moist and friendly to your waistline. Also, the ingredients are pretty interchangeable. Don’t like blueberries? Swap it for another type of berry. Don’t like artificial sweeteners like Splenda? That’s ok too… just use regular sugar. Although, that will bump up the calorie count. You could easily turn this into a morning glory muffin as well. Just add some shredded carrot and some raisins and you have a great breakfast treat. For any of you Weight Watcher folks, one muffin is 3 points. So if you would like to enjoy some muffiny goodness, check out my recipe below. They barely last two days in my house!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Splenda sweetener
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3/4 cup low fat milk (1% or less)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all wet ingredients into a smaller bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
3. Spray muffin pan lightly with non stick spray or use paper muffin liners and spoon mixture into muffin tins. They will be full close to the top.
4. Bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Yield: 12 good size muffins