I love muffins. I mean, I really LOVE muffins. I make muffins ridiculously often. So naturally, I thought to share. That’s right, I’m a giver lol. You may have already seen my blueberry banana muffin recipe. Well this one is just a tasty variation, good for any of you that aren’t comfortable with shaking up a recipe when baking on your own. It’s also pretty low fat and jammed with goodness.
Read the full post for the recipe and instructions.
Happy muffin making!
Berry Medley Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda sweetener (you can use regular white sugar if need be)
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (you can use regular brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp bran (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Combine the wet ingredients into a medium bowl, including egg / raisin mixture and all fruit.
4. Incorporate wet ingredients into the dry. Do not over mix.
5. Spray muffin pan lightly with non stick spray or use paper muffin liners and spoon mixture into muffin tins. They should be pretty full.
6. Bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Yield: 12 tasty muffins bursting with fruity goodness!
Great with or without butter. Would be awesome served with a little wedge of old white cheddar on the side. Yum!