Remember these? I don’t think I’ve had them since I was a little kid. I mentioned them to my husband and he had never had them ever. Tragic! Well that was enough convincing for me to search for and make these no bake, coconut packed, cocoa cookies. Perfect on a hot summer day when you want a treat without having to cook the entire house with the oven!
Click the full post for the complete recipe and instructions.
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups rolled oats (quick cooking)
1 1/2 cups flaked or shredded coconut
1/2 cup cocoa powder
(you could also add some chopped nuts if you like)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut and cocoa powder.
2. In a medium saucepan, add sugar, butter, milk and vanilla.
3. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil while continually stirring. Once it has come to a boil, remove from heat and move immediately to the next step.
4. Add the sugar mixture to the oats, cocoa and coconut. Combine well.
5. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet or plate lined with wax paper. If you find you need to use your fingers to get the spoonfuls to stay together, dampen your fingers with cool water and the mixture wont stick to your hands.
6. Let cookies cool completely. Store in a cool dry place. If it’s warm in your house like it is mine, you might want to store them in the refrigerator.