I recently saw some adorable ornaments in a store while browsing the holiday aisles…. I do love Christmas! I knew I could make it, cheaper but better. So follow along and I’ll make this short and sweet :) A felt gingerbread house holiday ornament. And, it’s NO SEW. Let’s go!
1 sheet of brown craft felt (9×12)
1 sheet of white craft felt (9×12)
Scraps of various colours of felt or other decoration of your choice
Glue gun / glue
I put all the steps into a montage of sorts. Read below for descriptions of the steps.
1. Cut out your felt pieces as per the template provided at the end of this post. Part’s A and B will be the house colour. I used brown for this. Parts C and D I used white for the snow.
2. Start with parts A and B. Apply a bead of hot glue along the felt, almost at the edge, starting from the peek of the roof.
3. Stick part A, to part B like shown in the image.
4. Run another bead of glue down what would be the side of the house, gluing it at the edges with piece A.
5. Continue wrapping and gluing piece A around piece B.
6. Before you get to far, start gluing on the back of the house (the other B piece) using the same method.
7. Stuff the house with something foofy. Use whatever you have, cotton balls, tissue… I used a plastic grocery bag.
8. Glue the roof closed.
9. Glue on the ‘snow’, pieces C goes over the roof and D goes at the peak on the front and back.
All that is left is the decorating! There are no rules here. Do what ever makes you happy :) I cut out some little windows and candy for the snow covered roof. You could use beads, glitter or even pipe cleaner to decorate it. To finish it off, I threaded a piece of ribbon through the top so it could be hung.
Enjoy making your own gingerbread houses! And PS, there are no rules to say you have to make your house brown