Acorn Pendant

Acorn Necklace

Welcome back to acorn craft week!  In case you missed it, check out my acorn birds nest ring from earlier in the week.  Today I’m going to show you how I made this sweet acorn pendant using an acorn cap, some chain and a vintage button.

Come along!

Match an acorn cap up in size with a bead, button, marble… anything you like.  I had this vintage button in my stash that was the perfect size.  You will also need a piece of thin sturdy wire or a headpin, and an additional jump ring (not pictured).

Drill or bore a small hole in the centre of the acorn cap.  Clear coat the acorn cap.  You could also paint it before the clear coat if you like.  It’s important to put some sort of protection on the cap or it could easily crack, chip or break over time.

Feed through some wire to form a hook on the topside, so that it can be fastened to a ring.  Cut off excess wire.  If you are using a button like me, you can feed the wire through the button then up through the cap.  Add a little glue for some extra hold.  If you are not using something that you can wire, use an appropriate adhesive to glue your ‘nut’ to the cap.

If you notice a milky finish on the cap in the picture above, it’s just that my clear coat wasn’t completely cured yet.  But hey… Foster’s nap time is a small window of my day lol.  I was going as quickly as I could!

Attach a small ring to the top of the acorn and add some chain.

Alternatively, you could make these wee acorns into earrings, or as a charm on a bracelet.  paint it all in a high gloss finish if you’re not a fan of the natural look.

Comments

Looks like something that people on etsy would en masse whip out their credit cards for. Absolutely stunning!
    I can imagine they would make perfect gifts as they look a million bucks, are handmade and each is totally unique. Hm… I just thought of a sweet lady at work who totally needs a pair of acorn earrings.
    Excuse me, I have a nature walk to undertake…
    Thanks a lot for the tutorial!

Ohh… I just thought… if I used golden beads, I could make a matching ring, too! YAY!

I blog frequently and I really appreciate your information.
    This article has really peaked my interest.
    I’m going to bookmark your site and keep checking
    for new details about once a week. I subscribed to your Feed
    as well.

What’s up, all the time i used to check webpage posts here in the
    early hours in the dawn, for the reason that i like to find out more and more.

Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with
    HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based upon on the same topics you discuss and would love to
    have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

Here are 3 places on the Internet that make reliable options.

Listening to music is very soothing for many people.
    If we think about the fact that the common size of a melody is three MB, it outcomes that
    precise flash memory players can retailer between 80 and 1200 melodies.