A quick and simple ice cream the whole family will enjoy as an Easter treat. Classic vanilla ice cream with pieces of candy coated chocolate mini eggs mixed through. There’s not much to putting this one together, but it tastes fab and looks super fun for the kiddos.
If you like nuts, add a few. Almonds would be a great match. The colour in the candy coating will run off a bit, adding colour in areas which is kinda pretty in my opinion. But if you want to add more wow, add a few drops of food colour when you’re making the base to tint it a pretty pastel.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate candy coated mini eggs, chopped in half
- Mix creams, condensed milk and vanilla together well. Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- Add chopped mini eggs during last minute. Serve immediately or transfer to container with a tight fitting lid and store in freezer.