Seriously. I love my ice cream maker. Since getting it at Christmas, I’ve made numerous flavours of ice cream and froyo. I’ve made so much that I’ve taken some over to family and friends, or I’ll just make a 1/2 or 1/4 batch for us here at home so we can continue to sample the endless options with out creating endless waistlines. I think I’m going to start doing a flavour of the month here on the blog. I’m seriously ice cream and froyo inspired!
It’s March, almost spring and this past weekend was daylight savings (yay to longer days!). Thoughts of early spring bring certain words to mind like; fresh, bright, cool. Add in tart and creamy and you’ve got this lemon poppy seed, Greek frozen yogurt. Poppy seeds add a really nice texture to the ‘mouth feel’ and you can’t deny those little black pearls make the frozen yogurt look pretty dynamic!
- Rind of 2 lemons + juice from one lemon
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt (with some fat)
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp vodka (optional, aids in keeping frozen yogurt soft)
- Combine sugar, lemon juice and rind in a bowl. Add yogurt and poppy seeds, mix well.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.